Our Tidal Validation aims to provide training and evaluation in evacuation from a non lower down situation. Evaluation is by practical, direct observation. This is is a one day training course, with evaluation on completion.
Is it for me?
The prerequisites for registration are as follows:
- You must hold a Single Pitch Award.
- Prevention is better than cure philosophy: tides, weather, site specific risk assessment, pre assessment, cut off points and priorities
- SPA remit: role of the leader, responsibilities, assistants and use of students in emergencies
- Safety: self, group and casualty
- Assisted hoists: rope required, equipment used, safe are practice practical application
- Unassisted hoists: type of casualty, rope length, multiple hoists
- Use, abuse and types of prussiks
- Safely evacuating from the cliff top
By the end of the training the candidate will be able to:
- Use an assisted hoist with and with out Gri Gri’s
- Use unassisted hoists with and with out Gri Gri’s
- Purssik down to a casualty, secure with a Persian borderer return and evacuate